In my endless attempt to use up craft supplies, I bring you these felted ball earrings. The felt is leftover from old felting projects. The beads are leftover from these drop earrings. They can be made in any color combination and with any wool and beads you have on hand. I’d love to see your finished results when you make these, so tag me at #nearlycrafty on Instagram so I can check out your work!!
- Felting wool – small amount. This is a great way to use up leftovers!
- Felting needle
- End pin
- Needle nosed pliers
- Kidney shaped ear wire – 2
1. Divide your felting wool into two equal sized clumps.
2. Felt each clump into a tight ball by stabbing it over and over with a felting needle.
3. Take an end pin and stick it through the center of the felted ball, pulling the ball all the way to the end.
4. Slide some beads onto the eye pin. I used 4 tiny turquoise beads. So cute!
5. Using your needle nosed pliers, bend the end of the pin into a loop and trim off the excess with scissors.
6. Slide the ear wire through the newly created loop and let it hang in that little ditch in the metal.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 with the second earring!
- I made the first earring with 5 beads on it. It was adorable. Then I made the second earring, but only put on 4 bead. I didn’t even notice until the end pin was looped and trimmed and it was too late to do anything about it. Count your beads, people.