I’ve been feeling a little bit rock n’ roll lately and I can’t figure out why. My days usually consist of building snail habitats, sorting through school papers, and telling small humans that “we STILL don’t have any strawberries in the house so stop asking and eat your apple.” I’m guessing this isn’t exactly how Mick Jagger spends his time. Whatever the cause, I’m going to ride this general feeling of badassery for as long as it sticks around. It suits me.
These chain back double stud earrings might have the world’s longest name, but they only take a short time to make and they are ALL rock n’ roll. Mick would totally rock these while making a PB&J with no crust cut into FIVE, never four or six, pieces.
- Flat backed crystals – 3- I used these Swarovski crystals in Jet Black. It really doesn’t matter what crystal you pick as long as it has a flat back. These would look equally as fab with a metal stud of some sort.
- Earring blanks with backs – 3
- E6000 glue
- Jump ring – 2
- Needle nosed pliers
- Chain – 1-2 inches
1. Glue one crystal to each earring blank with the E6000 glue. Let dry.
2. While the glue is drying, open one jump ring and connect it to the chain and one earring back.
3. Connect the other end of the chain to a second earring back with your second jump ring.
4. Once the crystals are dry, use the connected backs to hold on the studs on the double earring hole side!
- I chose a super thin chain and had to use crimp ends to get this to work. If you have normal chain you won’t need to do that – just follow the directions I have with the jump rings.