We have recently entered into the world of kitchen renovation and my, what a messy world it is. There is dust on every surface, including the dogs. Our kids know to put on noise cancelling headphones before they come inside because odds are high there is a deafening power tool running. All of our dishes are in the basement and the built in hutch in the dining room now houses Cheerio boxes and a jar of peanut butter.
Things are rough.
In a weak attempt to stay zen through all this, I have started dreaming of the dinner parties, potlucks, and brunches that the new space will host. There will be sun streaming in the new windows, white linens as far as the eye can see, and no dust. That is the most important point. No. Dust. Anywhere.
These Braided Napkin Rings were a calm-inducing craft I came up with to help lower my blood pressure and get me one step closer to the finished kitchen of my dreams. I paired them with the adorable napkins from Minted’s new home decor line! (They gave them to me but we already know that I super heart them for realz.)
- Oven bake clay
1. Roll out one long strip of oven bake white clay. Try to keep the strip the same size down the entire length. It should be about 21-24 inches in the end.
2. With your knife, cut the strip into three equal parts. Mine were 8 inches each.
3. Pinch one end of each piece together.
4. Braid the clay.
5. When your braid is done, pinch the ends together with the original pinched end. This forms a loop.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until you have the final number of napkin rings you need.
7. Bake the rings per the instructions on the clay package.
8. Let cool.
9. Host a beautiful, clean, dust free party with your new braided napkin rings.